Monday, March 19, 2012

Tortellini with Spinach & Italian Sausage

Have I said I love pinterest? Because I do. And I tend to primarily pin food. This is the original recipe, but I left out the mushrooms and changed the amounts of a couple ingredients.

You need to make this. =)

1 pkg 3 cheese tortellini (I used the frozen kind)
2 Tbsp of pesto
1 lb Italian sausage (we used chicken sausage)
chopped garlic, to taste
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2-1 cup cream (I used 1 cup, but will use 1/2 cup next time)
A few handfuls of torn baby spinach

Prepare tortellini according to package directions. Drain and toss with the pesto.

Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Squeeze the sausage out of it's casing and into the pan. Saute and break up the meat with a spoon until it is about halfway cooked. Add the garlic and cook until no longer pink. Add the chicken broth and stir, scraping any brown bits off the bottom of the pan. Stir in cream. Cook for a few minutes, stirring, until the sauce thickens slightly.

Add the tortellini and spinach to the pan. Cook, stirring, for another minute or two, until everything is heated through and the spinach wilts. Serve, topped with Parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment