Thursday, July 16, 2009

Stay at home moms...

This is the hardest thing I have ever done.

God Bless all you stay at home moms - I am sure it gets better as the baby grows out of the newborn stage, but it is so hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I have my good days and rough. I remember Cassie having as her ring tone before Mady was born: Darius Rucker - It won't be like this for long...

I find myself singing that when 5:30pm rolls around and his evening fussy period begins. I am now armed with a set of orange ear plugs. I have found I stay much more calm and relaxed if is inconsolable cry is muffled as I cradle him and rock him.

I am sure if a stranger saw me wearing my earplugs as I try to sooth my baby who isn't wet, dirty, hungry, hot, or cold, they would think of me as a bad mother...

But one day, I will tell him about this and he will laugh at me. I am also considering video taping his nightly fits so that when he is a teenager I can show him and say "This is what happens when you have sex. Can you handle this at 17? I could barely handle it at 25...think long and hard about it..."

I love my little man and can't wait until the day he can do more than eat, sleep, poop, repeat.

2 comments:

  1. Leah.. your new baby is just beautiful!!!

    I tried so hard not to giggle at this posting b/c it seems like yesterday I was at this same tear-filled moment you are in! Just know EVERY MOM goes through it and there is light at the end of the tunnel! I PROMISE it gets better! Hang in there and let me know if I can help or if you need a dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really won't be like this for long! I endured the same challenges with Will and have a few tricks I can share if you are interested. You can come over and hang out with me and Will anytime during his fussy time (or any other time for that matter!).

    ReplyDelete