Thursday, November 12, 2009

Pictures are Pricey

I think we can agree on that. I wanted a picture of Colin for our living room in his red shirt and blue overalls. I wanted a white background. I had portraits done at Sears for his 8 week photos and I liked them. This time I decided to try Portrait Innovations. FAIL!

I told the lady EXACTLY what I wanted. I told her if you get a white background and let him play on the floor, you will get the exact picture that I want. But instead, she puts him in a white basket (girly and 80s) and then a blue chair (I would call it a study chair) and then finally they did some in just his diaper on a black fabric thing. He was getting fussy and I wasn't getting what I wanted, and I finally told her this wasn't working and that I would choose from what she had already.

So we sit down...and they all suck. I mean MAJOR suck. I knew right then I would ONLY buy the $9.95 package. She kept pushing different photos and poses on me and I kept telling her politely that I didn't want them. She showed me the old ugly style photos where there are two pictures on one sheet and they fade into each other. I politely told her no - I liked plain and simple and that wasn't it. I almost told her that it was too old school, and perhaps that was in style when she had hids in the 80s, but I wouldn't hang that in my house. But I didn't.

I did eventually have to say "No thank you. I ONLY want that one pose. Honestly, I don't like a single one of the other poses. Sorry." I didn't even have to say my husband was cheap and only let me spend $10. I was honest and she finally checked me out...and I am sure made notes in whatever filing system they have that I am a pain.

Here is the photo I bought for $10 (this is a picture I took of the picture with my phone):


It is OK. Not great. I have it in the kitchen right now and one on my desk. And I will give copies to the grandparents and scrapbook it. But I am seriously thinking about taking it off my desk and out of the kitchen b/c I think it is so cheesy.

This morning he was in his red shirt and overalls again, and I decided to try with the nice camera I borrowed from my dad. And here we go...I finally have a picture for the frame. I just wish my background was white. Polka dots aren't bad though!


She would have made money off me if she had just listened. Next time I will either go back to Sears for quick simple photos, take my own, or pay a sitting fee for less cheesy ones.

2 comments:

  1. i'll come over one day and help you. i'll bring my camera and we will get what you want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love love the pic you took in his overalls! and as the new pic on your blog! handsome colin!!! sorry you thought portrait innovations sucked though....

    ReplyDelete