Thursday, September 15, 2011

Crock Pot Chicken & Dumplings

I think I made this one day too early - today is perfect chicken & dumpling weather. No worries as I will be making this again during the cold months!

4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 Tbsp butter
2 cans cream of chicken soup (I used two boxes of these instead of the usual Campbell's and it turned out great)
1 can chicken broth
1 onion diced
1 Tbsp dried parsley
5 refrigerated biscuits (I used the Immaculate Baking Co Buttermilk variety)

Put the chicken, butter, cream of chicken, chicken broth, parsley and onions in the crock pot and cook on high for 4-6 hours.

As the chicken cooks and gets tender, break it up with a spoon or fork.

Get your biscuits and cut them into nine pieces. Stir into chicken mixture and cook for another hour.

Add chicken broth, if necessary, to thin out.

Please keep in mind, every crock pot is different. With this recipe I only cooked it for 6 hours on low and then added the biscuit dough. One of my crock pots cook very high even on the low setting. The other does not. I have to watch new recipes closely to figure out what works for each one.

No comments:

Post a Comment