Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Twilight

I am not someone who reads a lot. I usually stick to Nicholas Sparks and the Shopaholic series. They are easy to read and not terribly long. Monday, a girl I worked with suggested I read the Twilight series. She said she doesn't really read much, but she read the first book in one day on her vacation. Then finished the second one on Monday. I knew it had been made into a movie and was going to be released this week, but still wasn't sure what it was about, except that it had vampires. Not really on the list of things I care to read about.

However, I was interested after seeing the movie trailers and decided I might as well pick up the book and read it on vacation next week. She suggested I purchase the first two, in case I read through them quickly. Last night I sat down to start Twilight because I knew if I started in the airport, I would never get into it. (I can't concentrate with people walking around and keeping track of luggage and all the activity going on.) Well, I will be finished with the first one before I even start packing. I read half of it last night. It is so good. I am hooked.

She now had advised me to purchase the third before I leave. I will probably take her advice.
I am now passing on the advice. Give it a try.

3 comments:

  1. you are like the 4th person to recommend this series. my sister swears they are good, but i'm just not sure I'm into vampires...
    maybe I'll pick them up for some holiday reading.
    btw, totally jealous you are bout to be cruisin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. my little sister is obsessed with them and has read all 4. and she is not a reader at all!! I am going to borrow hers for sure...

    PS Happy Cruise!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So it really is that good, huh? I'm not into vampires either, but looks like I need to add that to my to-read list. Enjoy the cruise! I can't wait to see pictures and hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete