Wednesday, November 12, 2008

3 months

OK, so I have done the no meat thing for three months now. Not too bad! I feel good and I don't miss the meat. Well, a grilled ham and cheese did sound good the other day, but picking out the gross fatty pieces didn't sound too good. So I got over that real fast.

The only difficult thing: everything (at least soup wise) is made with chicken broth! Which doesn't gross me out... so I may need a new category for myself: I don't eat meat b/c I don't like it, but it if is made with chicken broth, I am OK with it. What on earth would that be? I won't label myself vegetarian anymore. I will just say I don't like meat. Does that make sense? Or sound stupid?

So if you have me over sometime to eat, don't worry about making something with chicken broth in it. Just remember, I will still refuse the actual meat, as eating off a bone, being served veiny piece of chicken, or even thinking about the fact that I am eating an animal mid-chew still makes me want to vomit. Do know that I am fine picking the meat off the top of things, like a pizza.

Now, I really want some potato soup...or pizza.

1 comment:

  1. I have a killer potato soup recipe and it doesn't use chicken broth. I'll see if I already put it on tastebook.
    And, I have your plate and some pictures you left here.

    ReplyDelete