Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Back to work...

...and loving it.

Except I can't help but wonder - am I at work during the time that he is at his happiest? Will I come home to the fussiest time of the day?

But at the same time, I feel a little more prepared to handle the meltdown that might occur as I haven't had to deal with it all day.

And with the next baby (as everyone says I will be want, even though I can't imagine doing this again for a while...) I will not take 9 weeks of maternity leave. I am realizing that as fun as being a stay at home mom sounds initially...it is not for me. At least not for me full time. Maybe when Colin is a little older I will revisit the possibility again.

But for now - I love my desk, my chair, my coffee cup, my multi-colored pens, my calendar, and even my neglected plant.

This office is now my quite place and I am SO thankful to have it.

1 comment:

  1. HAHAH! I love it.. so glad you had a great day! Trust me.. there are days I miss my desk too! And then days that I dont! I think time apart from your child makes you a better Mom! I know when I get a break I feel refreshed!

    ReplyDelete