Monday, September 14, 2009

Is this normal?

I've just gotta know...talked to nurse at Pediatrician's office about getting an Rx called in to pick up on Friday...Come Sunday there is STILL nothing at the drug store to pick up...and it wasn't sent to the other locations. It just wasn't called in.

And so I call today and do the usual leave a message routine, trying to get this filled. I called at about 8:10am. Right after they opened. It is 2pm and I haven't gotten a call yet and his Rx STILL hasn't been called in.

I am getting ticked off...

But is this normal? Or are they just forgetting about me? Am I going to have to physically go down there to get to talk to someone...because I will - with crying baby in tow.

5 comments:

  1. I HATE that about doctor's offices. You can NEVER talk to someone! You have to leave a message, but don't worry, they tell you they will call back within 24 hours, seriously!!! I normally call and leave a message and then call back to the appointment girl and nicely tell her it's been over 48 hours and I would like to speak to a nurse NOW!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes.. its unfortunate but its normal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome - so at this point, even the pediatrician in useless in helping me...

    Looks like I am going to have to start pressing "1" when I call to make an appointment for a "sick child" in order to get any help instead of pressing "3" for a call back from a nurse.

    I hope it doesn't come to that, b/c what a waste of part of a day just to get them to call in an Rx that they said they would do 3 days ago.

    Can you tell I am bitter...? Just frustrated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehehe...I just did what Mary Leigh said...I think it worked...should be calling back to confirm they called in his Rx. She was very apologetic. Must be because I stressed the words "last Friday" and "colicky."

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha! good guy! bless the sweet little appointment lady at my doctor, i call her ALL THE TIME if i need something cause i hate waiting for a nurse to FINALLY call me back!

    ReplyDelete