Thursday, December 29, 2011

December Birchbox

I've subscribed to a new service. It's called Birchbox. It is like a magazine subscription as it comes once a month. But you don't read it. It is full of beauty samples! For $10 a month you get a pretty box delivered via USPS full of surprises. It's like getting a Christmas gift each month!

This is my first box and here are the goodies I got:
  • Jouer Moisturizing Lip Gloss - the color looks hot pink, but goes on much lighter. It works pretty well for me and I had planned on ordering it but they are back ordered!
  • Oscar Blandi Pronto Invisable Volumizing Dry Shampoo - I am excited to try this one! I try not to wash my hair everyday if I don't have to to avoid all the extra heat styling. I like the dry shampoo I use now but I am looking forward to trying the professional dry shampoo.
  • Huxe Huile Prodigieuse OR Multi-Usage Dry Shimmer - This is to be used in your hair on on your skin. I am not super excited about it but will save it and try it in the summer when my skin has a little more color to it (hopefully).
  • Atelier Cologne Ambre Nue Cologn Absolue - not my style. Smells a little too much like an old lady for my taste.
  • Showstoppers Designer Fashion Tape - I always like have double-sided fashion tape
  • EBOOST Orange Natural Energy Booster - I am not a fan of energy drinks. They never dissolve all the way and they taste too much like Crystal Light. I'm going to give it a try and see if it is any different from previous ones I have tried, but I don't have high expectations.
When you sign up you fill out a beauty profile. They try and match up sample boxes that fit your profile. However, it is the luck of the draw. You may like all the products, some, or none. And you and your friend may end up with different boxes b/c of the way you answered the questions in your profile.

If this is something you'd like head on over to Birchbox and sign up! No contracts and you go month to month. You also earn points for reviewing the products in your box. Every review gets you 10 points. Every 100 points you accumulate get you $10 a full sized product order.

No comments:

Post a Comment