Monday, March 17, 2014

Household Happeneings

We've been keeping busy around here lately. Colin started Tee Ball and has his first game this week! Saturday they had "opening ceremonies" and all the teams walked out on the field in a little parade, they threw the first pitch of the season, and then they had a small celebration with hot dogs, snow cones, batting cages, coaches dunking booths, and bouncy houses. We had our team pictures made and left ready for a fun season of ball.






His friend, Sam, from next door is playing ball also so we got to hang out with them during the festivities.

We've still been working around the house. In the kitchen my granite is installed and my tile back splash is up next. I have been going back and forth on tile for weeks and evens pent time at a local tile & brick place where they tried to help me design something. In the end I kept coming back to this scalloped tile. Andrew is not trilled with it, but said to go with whatever I wanted. I'm kind of afraid I will regret it, but I keep coming back to the same tile. And I've got lots of complements on it when I was purchasing it, which  makes me feel better. I guess we will see...


Other house stuff? Finished the dining room except for a coat of paint on the railing. Cut down a ton of overgrown shrubs on our property, and rearranged the playroom and purchased a little more toy storage.

I really am going to post a "tour" soon. It is just slow going with a pre-schooler and infant. Painting kind of happens on a whim when everyone naps at the same time. =)

Our furry kid has had quite a couple weeks. We noticed she was peeing a lot (like multiple times in the middle of the night) and even had an accident in the house while we were gone one morning. Never happens. So we took her to the vet thinking a UTI or something. Nope! Molly had diabetes. So after a week long stay at the vet to get her sugar regulated and figure out a proper dose of insulin she came home. She now has a special dog food and treats and we give her two shots (am & pm) of insulin everyday. She's doing great so far and has a blood sugar retest soon.

My Charlie boy is still a happy one. He is going with the flow and is still just a chunk. I swear he is half of Colin's size already. I take selfiies of me holding him occasionally just to document his size in relation to me at certain ages.







We have been trying to get to know our little town better. Last week we ate at two small restaurants and visited a great new park. We went to The Depot for lunch Friday where Colin devoured a hot dog, I had a great burger and Andrew had a chicken Philly. It is a cute little spot that is right next to the Helena Waterfall and is actually in the old train depot building, so we were also right next to the train tracks (which my little train lover enjoyed). After lunch we walked across the street to the Helena Ampitheatre where they have a great shaded park and where they show movies outdoors every Friday night in the summer. Can't wait to try that!

Saturday we tried Frankie's for breakfast. It was a cute mom and pop kind of place that also has a little market with fresh produce. Edgar's is still our favorite breakfast place, but this is a cute quick stop when we want to stay in town for breakfast.

Helena as a nice paved trail that we have walked a lot as a family lately. one small part of the path goes right by the train tracks (we have a ton of trains here...I get stuck at crossing often!). We heard one coming and waited for it so we could watch it go by. It was even better than we could have hoped for. When Colin waved excitedly at the train, the conductor waved back at him and even pulled the whistle. Pretty sure it made his night!


I love this little town and can't wait to find out more that it has to offer. A blog I follow made a post of thing to do in Helena and I wrote down all of the ones that would be interesting to us to try and do. Kind of like my small town bucket list.


1 comment:

  1. glad you are liking Alabama!! :) and love the tball opening ceremonies thing; so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete