Monday, March 31, 2014

4 Months

He's 4 months old!


We get so many comments on how big he his. Last week alone I had two separate people tell me he would be playing football. Ha! Nurses at my check up were shocked to see how big he had gotten and my Dr said you would have never guessed we had concerns over him being born unhealthy or with a heart problem. 

His next Dr appointment isn't until next week (now tomorrow as it took me a week to get this tiny post done...), but we weighed him on our home scale out of curiosity. 17.8 pounds. Not even kidding. Andrew carried him out in his infant carrier to the car last weekend and hurt his back. He had to take Tylenol all day and even slept with one of those Icy Hot patches on his back. I'm looking forward to him being able to sit in a high chair and a shopping cart so I can ditch that infant seat/carrier for good.

He is now in size 3 diapers and we just moved into 6-9 month clothes last week. When I visit mom I am going to hit up Carter's for some new clothes for him (we don't have one here!) and get him all set for the Spring. Somehow Colin has a ton of Spring clothes. I guess I have been buying them here and there and not even realizing it, which is nice.

 Sleeping at night is hit or miss. He's in his crib and I will occasionally get a night with no waking, but it isn't predictable. If he wakes to eat it is still between 4 or 5 in the morning.

He is DROOLING. And chewing on his forearm. He has gotten clingy and fussy lately too which is making me think he might be getting close to getting some teeth. I don't see any tooth buds yet. I don't remember much about Colin's first teeth, but I remember them just being there one day. After extreme fussiness. One just showed up. So I check his mouth every couple days.

Nothing really new to report for him. I'm just looking forward to him being more interactive as we get into the warm weather and are out and about more.

No comments:

Post a Comment