Monday, August 11, 2008

Wedding Cake

Every so often I like to go check out the website for the guy that made my wedding cake. When we found him, I believe he had just opened his shop that year (2005). It was small and served lunch as well as designed cakes for weddings, showers, and birthdays. I loved my cake (strawberry) and found Jay to be so easy to work with! He has since moved to a bigger location and stopped doing anything but designing cakes since his business took off. I have run into him at a bridal show and other weddings since my own and he always has greeted me with a hug and smile!

Today I wanted to check out how he was doing and if his website had been updated. I looked at new pictures of his cake designs (and wished I have picked one of those for mine - they are amazing!) and then noticed a link to read his blog. There wasn't much on the blog; maybe 5 or 6 entries so I assume he is pretty busy. But, boy, was I surprised to read in his second to last post that he designed the wedding cake for Sara Evans! I couldn't find any pictures and was disappointed but it sounded so cute!

If you get a chance, take a look at his website. I love that the cakes both look and taste amazing. He is a wonderful artist!

No comments:

Post a Comment