Thursday, August 20, 2009

I am ready to surrender

This is miserable. I am ready to surrender to the term "colic." I don't know what else to try. His acid reflux meds seem to be helping during feeding time. He is a little less whiny, and not arching his back when I burp him anymore. But I can only get a good hour in the morning and hour in the evening at most that he isn't crying. If I can get him to sleep, he stops, but I am exhausted. This has been the longest 7 weeks of my life that I never want to repeat.

I love him to death, but I am not going to lie, if I can fast forward through to when he is about 16 weeks, I would do it in a heart beat. I am so tired of people telling me to enjoy it, it goes fast. Bull - your baby must have only cried when he/she was hungry or wet. My mom even had to hand him back to me yesterday b/c she couldn't even console him - and she usually has no problem putting up with the wailing.

Like I said - MISERABLE. If he isn't going to sleep all the way through the night, he could at least show my some mercy and chill a bit during the day.

3 comments:

  1. Girl.. I am so sorry! If it makes you feel better.. my kid didnt cry nonstop and I didnt enjoy him being little either! hahah

    If you need a break and want to come run errands or get out I will be happy to watch him for you, I can take it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leah I am so sorry you are having a hard time! You can bring him over here anytime you need a break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hate that you are going thru this, but admire your honesty!!!

    Sept 8th you go back to work?? Let's go out and celebrate that day, haha!!

    ReplyDelete