Monday, May 24, 2010

Our Busy Weekend

This weekend started off with Colin's first hair cut! He didn't have much hair - at least up top and front - but the back was in serious need of some trimming. He was such a good boy and really didn't care that we were messing with his hair. He was totally into the watermelon dumb dumb sucker.
Then we headed home and Andrew and I worked on an outdoor project while Colin napped. After working outside in the heat we wanted something cold to eat so we headed to Dairy Queen where Colin got his first dish of soft serve. He loved it.

We were still hot so we headed to my parent's house and tried out the pool. The water was FREEZING and Colin wasn't a fan of the cold water. I don't blame him. I didn't like it either.

Then Sunday we played outside on his new play set! It was a pain to assemble but I think it is perfect. All we really do is swing in it, but it is toddler sized so eventually he will be able to play on it by himself without us lifting him up to turn the wheel.
During C's afternoon nap that day I cleaned the house. Not the inside. The outside. I had my bucket, rags, gloves, bleach/water mixture, and a ladder and scrubbed the siding. It was gross. I never realized until I cleaned it. There must a more efficient way. I only got about 1/4 of the siding cleaned. I am afraid of the bushed in the back b/c I keep finding huge bumble bees around them. Any tips on how to clean the siding and how to keep it clean? This is very new to me.

And then we watched LOST - which I was disappointed with. I think they could have answered more questions. We were just glad that we only invested 1 year of our lives watching the series instead of the 6 years most people had. It was a let down for us.

5 comments:

  1. best way to clean siding is with a pressure washer. super easy and does a great job! you can add bleach to it.
    i kinda like pressure washing. we are about to pressure wash our fence and I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't Terra do the best job with the kiddos for haircuts?? Nate loves going.

    LOVE the swingset - too cute! I love ya'lls backyard space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Great playset, where did you find it?
    2. As ML said a pressure washer is the best way. We have one, if you want to borrow it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousMay 24, 2010

    I had to comment about Lost. Couldn't believe the way it ended. So stupid. I did appreciate the realizations of all the characters and the way they brought them together. Oh, and I'm one of those who watched it from the beginning...wish I did it in a year like you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWWW... he's so cute on the horse!!!!!! I have the same one of Grant and his little certificate! :)

    LOVE LOVE LOVE the playset!

    ReplyDelete