Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Breakfast Pizza

What kid wouldn't want pizza for breakfast? However, I'm not talking about the kind with red sauce and pepperoni. I am talking about the bacon and eggs variety. Whole Foods has the best pizza. One day we were there early in the morning so I got to try their breakfast pizza and loved it. I wanted to recreate as best as possible.

For this recipe, I am using the instructions on the pizza crust we buy - Whole Foods Frozen Whole Wheat Pizza Dough. Check your dough for cooking directions.

1 pkg frozen pizza dough
4 eggs cooked - scrambled
4 slices of bacon, cut into chunks/pieces
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
sliced red onion
olive oil
Italian seasoning

Thaw your dough.

Preheat the oven according to the directions on your pizza dough.

Roll the dough out into a circle and place on baking sheet or pizza tray. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Some doughs (like the WF ones) will have you bake it for a while before topping it. I like it this way and suggest it. So if you choose this method, do it now.

Take the crust out of the oven. Evenly sprinkle with the scrambled eggs, red onion, bacon, and cheddar cheese. Bake for the remaining time on the dough instructions.

Add a little black pepper, slice into 6 pieces and serve.

We really liked this and I would like to try some other breakfast combinations. Next time I plan on using pancetta instead of bacon. If you try this with other topping combinations please let me know what they were and how they turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment