Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Let's talk lunch: PB&J

It's easy. It's a classic. It's Peanut Butter & Jelly.

Most kids like it and you probably have the ingredients in your pantry or fridge.

So what did I pair it with?
  • Half a PB&J - spread the peanut butter on both halves of the bread and put the jelly in between. No jelly gets your bread soggy.
  • Potato Chips - we like kettle cooked b/c they are nice and crispy
  • Apple slices
  • Apple-Strawberry Fruity Flakes (wishing I had some dark chocolate instead though)

Pretzels instead of chips? Cool. Strawberries instead of grapes? Awesome. Almost anything goes with PB&J.

For kids you can get creative. Colin isn't into PB&J, but loves peanut butter crackers. So I try to make these occasionally for him to see if he has come around. To entice him to try it I use different cookies cutters to make them into fun shapes. Most everyone will have a few basic cookies cutters: stars, trees, etc. But every so often pick up a new one just for the little guy/girl. I now have the letter "C" for Colin, dinosaur, football helmet, and Mickey Mouse. I saw a train one at the store the other day and I am kicking myself for not getting it. He would love it.

As for a picture - I think you know what a PB&J looks like so I didn't use my horrible food photography skills today.

No comments:

Post a Comment