Monday, February 18, 2013

Beer Bread

I'm sure you've had the Beer Bread from Tastefully Simple. It's delicious and easy. But expensive. At $5.99 a box (and only one loaf of bread) it isn't purchased in this house often.

So I was super excited to find a recipe on Pinterest for Beer Bread. And and easy one at that - 4 ingredients. I wish there was a whole wheat self-rising flour. We'd be making this way more often. I even mixed up a couple recipes and stored them in individual quart sized bags in the pantry so all I have to do to make some bread quickly is open a beer and melt some butter.

3 cups self-rising flour
1/3 cup sugar
12 oz can or bottle of beer
1/2 cup butter, melted


Preheat oven to 350°.

Stir together flour, sugar, and beer. Pour into loaf pan. Bake for 25 minutes.

Remove from oven, slit the top and pour butter over the bread. Bake another 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment