Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Teriyaki Marinated Chicken

I've been looking for some freezable recipes. I buy the Publix Greenwise chicken when it goes on sale. I trim all the fat and put them in their own bags and write the weight on each one so when I go to the freezer to grab frozen chicken I'm not guessing on the amount I am using.

I wanted to have some of my chicken breast all ready marinated and ready to cook once it thawed out. I found this one on all recipes and gave it a try. It's a keeper for me!

6 oz can of pineapple juice
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 Tbsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts

In a bowl, mix all ingredients except chicken.

Put chicken in a zip top bag and pour marinade over top of chicken. Marinade in refrigerator at least 2 hours.

Grill or broil chicken until golden and no longer pink in the middle.
 
Freezer Option:
After adding the marinade to the bag of chicken, freeze. Thaw out in fridge 24 hours before cooking.
 
We served our up with some brown rice (made in my new rice cooker - should have bought one of those a long time ago!) and steamed veggies.
 
 
This would also make great chicken to put on a salad or to make a grilled chicken sandwich with.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment