Tuesday, February 4, 2014

2 Months

My little guy is 2 months old (as of Jan 26). He has grown so much and is awake more often now.

At his two month check up he weighed in at 14 lbs 1 oz and was 24.5 inches long. He is about 93% in both weight and height. So he is big...but proportionately so.

He is in size 2 diapers (still using Target brand) and in 3-6 month clothing.

He eats about every 3 hours. Sometimes more, sometimes less. But 3 hours is a good average guess. He take anywhere between 3-5 ounces at a feeding and ends up eating about 24 ounces a day.

He wakes up 1 or 2 times at night to eat. It varies but he usually gets a nice long stretch of sleep, eats, then gets in a shorter one that may or may not lineup with when we get up for the day. We moved him out of the rock n sleep and he is now sleeping flat on his back in the pack n play. It is still in our closet since he wakes in the middle of the night, but I am glad he transitioned from inclined sleeping to flat sleeping easily.

He is actually sleeping better than big brother, who is afraid of everything these days. Here lately it is robots, vampires (thank you ninja turtles), and unions. Yes, you read that right. Unions. He has no idea what they are but they scare him. Andrew actually agreed with that one. Lol so Colin has no TV privileges and we've added back in some naps to hopefully fix this situation. Any other suggestions welcome.

Back to Charlie, He had another heart appointment and everything still looks good. Nothing is changing, so instead of coming back in one month, we get to go two!!

He is smiling a lot and loves ceiling fans...I don't get it, but he always finds them and gives a huge grin. He doesn't nap on a regular schedule yet, but I look forward to it. It is harder with him because I feel like I'm always carting Colin around and so he doesn't get many opportunities to nap in his crib or pack n play. Same with tummy time. I try hard to get it in, but I feel like we are on the go so often. I'm making it a priority now, putting him on his tummy for a bit first thing in the morning while I make Colin's lunch and try again in the evening if he isn't too fussy.

We had pictures taken in Tennessee and I will post some of my favorites. I'm excited to have some good photos of Charlie to scatter around the house with all the photos of Colin.

Momma feels pretty good! I still have some weight to lose, but I can get myself into my old pants. They don't look great, but they button and zip! I got back to spin and body pump this week so I am hoping that the added exercise will get me back into my clothes faster. Otherwise I am just desperate for a little more sleep and some time to myself. I figure they may nap at the same time one day...



1 comment:

  1. cutie pie!!!!

    yes those first few months were super hard for me too.....trying to figure out how to make the baby a priority, all while taking the older one from school to soccer to playdates etc. it's quite a balancing act!! (and an exhausting one).

    glad he's sleeping so good at night though :)

    ReplyDelete