Wednesday, October 8, 2008

WebMD

WebMD is one of those websites that you would probably be better off if it were blocked on your computer. It can convince you that you have almost any disease. Select a few symptoms you are experiencing and it will pull up 10-20 different possible. Yesterday, I thought for a few minutes that I had Leukemia. I know...it only lasted about 5 minutes, but that was when I decided enough with this silly symptom checker. WebMD will only be used by me to learn about illnesses and diseases once the doctor has diagnosed me or a family member/friend. Self diagnosis can be dangerous.

Something else I was thinking about yesterday while waiting to get blood work done - why do they buy vinyl furniture for the waiting room? And why is the girl that is about to draw my blood popping and smacking her gum? I wonder if it will make it difficult for her to concentrate and get a vein on the first try? OUCH! Yeah, missed...but lucky for me, the 3rd times a charm. She is going on my list of people to refuse to let draw my blood in the future. Yes, I request NOT to get certain people. Some people are just bad at it and the gum popping is unprofessional.

I also send food back to the kitchen at dining establishments when it isn't correct. Yes I am one of those people - I am picky and not ashamed of it. To be fair, I am not mean when I send it back, but I am also not shy about getting it right.

The one thing I haven't gotten the nerve to ask yet - I don't want this one guy at the Smyrna Starbucks to make my drink. He has unusually long nails that he obviously never cuts. It is a hygiene issue for me. I don't like for him to make my drinks. I can't bring myself to be the person that orders the picky drink (not so picky compared to others) and then requests a certain Barista to make it. I just always hope I visit on a day he isn't working.

My post is kind of a downer today. I like the occasional rainy day. It usually calms me but I just don't feel good today so it has made me a little pessimistic. It is still early in the day so hopefully the moodiness fades away.

1 comment:

  1. You are hilarious (and a bit psycho) for not wanting long-nailed boy to fix your drink, but love the honesty!

    ReplyDelete