Thursday, March 19, 2009

A busy day means being exhausted the next

Yesterday was a pretty busy day for me! I had my 24 week appointment first thing in the morning and got to drink the flat orange soda for my glucose test (which I passed with "flying colors" so said the nurse.) After suggesting to the lab tech that they provide straws, b/c it would make it easier to drink and less likely that I would wind up with orange stains on the corners of my mouth, I got weighed, measured, and made an appointment for an ultrasound that afternoon. On my way out, I got my blood drawn and I know have a black/purple/blue elbow pit to show for my efforts. Must have been an off day, b/c this guy usually does really well on me. I haven't lost my faith in him for future draws though.

I put in four hours at the office (yeah, rough day) and then left to get my ultrasound!

I got really lucky and had the nice girl do my scan (a couple of you may know who I am talking about)! After getting the measurement she needed, she let me watch what the baby was up to. He (I felt like it was a boy yesterday) was trying to hard to get his little hand in his mouth the whole time, and finally achieved it right at the end! He was also opening and closing his mouth a lot and even stuck his tongue out at us. She printed out some good pictures of him trying to get his hand up to his mouth, and even a really good picture of the front of his face where you can see his mouth open and up his nose. I thought it was so cool to actually see his little nose holes. I think they look like mine. I have a couple that look like he is smiling too.

Baby Coleman has a current estimated weight of 1 lb 10 oz and is looking good! We get to peek in again in four weeks and I am hoping to get the same ultrasound tech, as she was so nice and enjoyed watching the baby as much as I did!

Lastly, we finally moved out the entertainment center from our bedroom and rearranged a little. We purchased a new TV for the bedroom and a Roku box so we could stream NetFlix to the back. Andrew spent time setting this up while I moved my scrap booking desk in there. I think tonight I will break the new TV in by finishing organizing my desk and watching Grey's.

No comments:

Post a Comment