Friday, March 27, 2009

Don't they realize?

Boobs grow too?? That is what I am wondering about the designers of maternity swimwear.

At my most recent appointment, I mentioned to my Nurse Practitioner that I have been kind of uncomfortable after exercise, even something as simple as going for a walk. So she suggested swimming. I was all for it! I was on the swim team in high school and I always felt good after my workouts. Of course, those were two hours a day, five days a week and I won't be aiming anywhere near that...although I would feel bad ass if I could still do it.

So then begins my search for a swimsuit. I wasn't too worried about it at first. I actually found a really cute tankini and was so excited to get some real exercise in.

Five days later, my new swimsuit arrives. And it fits perfectly...except for the chest. The girls were center of attention. It is common knowledge that your boobs grow when you are pregnant, right? Evidently not.

I went to the maternity store at the Avenue (which I hate but gave it a try) and looked for swimwear there. Number one - nothing cute. Number two - where is the support? I may as well wear a tee shirt with no bra!

Discouraged, I go home and ask Andrew "Would it be totally inappropriate to show up at the Sports*Com in my two piece because it is the only thing that supports 'the girls'?" Lucky for me, my husband is very honest and says, "I would be offended seeing someone's big belly hang out of a two piece. Don't do it."

And so my search continues. If I knew how, I would totally design and sew my own custom maternity swimsuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment