Monday, June 1, 2009

Fiber One Muffins and Skinny Cow

So I think most of you know I do Weight Watchers (when NOT pregnant!). I have found it an excellent program to maintain your healthy weight by teaching you healthy eating habits (without buying program food - which I think it ridiculous). I also love the fact that they have a couple options for learning better eating habits depending on your lifestyle.

This time I will be using the program to lose more weight than I have previously. I re-signed up this weekend and began getting everything in order so I don't have to worry about wasting time doing it after my baby gets here and I want to spend all my time with them. Mostly, this just consists of adding recipes to my profile, refreshing myself on points values, and getting back in the habit of sticking to a minimum number of fruits, veggies, dairy, and healthy oils.

I like having the pantry stocked with low point snacks to pair with my fruit so that I don't feel deprived. The freezer is another place I try to keep low point sweet treats. I thought I would share two treats I like (one new, one old) in case you are looking for something yummy to hold you over.

First the old: I love Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches. They are huge - they are not a diet looking snack. We buy them at Sam's. A box of 20 is around $9 or $10 and that is a chocolate and vanilla mix. I am addicted to ice cream and these hit the spot.

And the new: I found these Fiber One Wild Blueberry & Oat Muffins at Sam's and decided to give them a try. You would never guess there are SEVEN grams of fiber in these. They are in individual packets and are stored in the freezer. Just pop one in the microwave for 20-25 seconds and you are good to go! They make breakfast easy and I will probably buying a box after my maternity leave to keep in the office freezer for my mid-morning snacks.

1 comment:

  1. I love fiber one bars & yogurt, so I will definitely have to try the muffins! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete