Thursday, May 28, 2009

Good-bye Cavalier

Hello SUV.

Andrew is one happy boy this morning. He is finally rid of my college car and last night picked out his new (to us) SUV. Andrew has been looking at cars for a few weeks trying to decide what he wanted. With minimal input from me, he chose a Jeep Cherokee Laredo and so far loves it!




We traded in the Cavalier and got more than we thought we would for it. Andrew predicted they would only offer us $15 for the gas left in the tank. That car was missing a dial for the volume, had a driver's side window that stopped rolling up, had horrible shocks and brakes, and required you to push on the gas pedal for at least 5 seconds before the light turned green if you wanted to be in motion when the light turned green. Needless to say, it was time for a new car. He was a good sport for driving it for the past year.

When had a good experience with CarMax and an interesting sales associate. After it was all said and done, he approached us in the waiting room and tried to sell us these body and fat cleansing shakes (he sells these on the side from home - I think they sell them at GNC also) for me to rid my body of fat and toxins after I deliver my baby. So strange. He talked t us about these as I ate my Banana Moon Pie from the vending machine. I told him I thought that this moon pie was considered healthy since it was banana flavored. He probably thinks I am an idiot. It was nearly 8 o'clock so I was hungry and tired and ready to get out of there...we had spent enough money without adding protein shakes to the list.

Side note: when I get to heaven, I am going to ask God why the gestational duration for humans can't be 34 weeks and 2 days. It is amazing how quickly you can go from "I feel pretty good, just tired" to "OMG! I am so uncomfortable - why even try to sleep. And did I shrink my dress??" (My dress is a little shorter today and I am showing a bit more leg than I am comfortable with. I refuse to buy any more maternity clothing though.)

2 comments:

  1. He will LOVE it! I have had mine for 3 years and still just LOVE driving it. I'll now look for him and give him the "jeep wave"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you would buy one yesterday! Great choice! I'm glad you decided to go with a jeep - you will love it!

    ReplyDelete