Thursday, May 21, 2009

Fur Fighter

I wanted to make a product recommendation:

We feel like Molly is part of the family, and we don't restrict where she hangs out in the house too much. The only place she isn't allowed to hang out, unless she is supervised, it the master bedroom, and that is only b/c I am afraid she will find that one sock you forgot about and chew on it. She also knows not to come up on the bed unless invited - which she is good about - mostly because my comforter is white and she sheds black hair like I never imagined possible. She also likes to hang out on the ottoman.

With that comes LOTS OF FUR! Brushing helps, but doesn't prevent. I first tried the Pledge Pet Hair Remover. It worked pretty well. I needed to buy a new one b/c Molly thought it was her new toy. I couldn't find it in the store this time, but I did find a Scotch brand Fur Fighter.

AMAZING. I am throwing away the tape roller (well, it is still useful for lent on clothing) and only using the Fur Fighter from now on. I just bought a second one, so I could keep one in the bedroom and one in the living room. I intend on trying it in the car on the floor in the back seat soon. Refills are also pretty inexpensive (compared to the amount of tape off the tape roller I would have to use every time I wanted to de-fur the furniture).

The next best thing would if we could get Molly to stop shedding all together.

4 comments:

  1. oh man. i'm gonna have to get one of these. addie doesn't really shed and her hair is so short anyways, it doesn't matter. but, my lordy, barley gets hair EVERYWHERE! I guess it's because it's brown, white, AND black.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wanted to add my two cents about the bachelorette....

    LOVE LOVE LOVE Jake! So cute!

    And I also like Michael, the break dance instructor.

    PS I stole your babynamey.com ticker !! :) 12 wks tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have totally opposite feelings about the break dancer - he just kind of exhausts me...

    But I love Jake - he is so normal compared to some of those guys!

    And Juan was starting to creep me out...I had a feeling he would win that vote between all the guys.

    So the baby is public knowledge now I assume! YAY! Phil asked me about you a couple weeks ago and asked if you were expanding your family anytime soon. I had a little panic attack inside b/c I am a horrible liar, but I pulled it off well! (Which means I offered him some food while I said "Not that I know of" to disract from looking at my face, just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelsey and I have just stared using the FURminator on Banzai. It pulls out all of the loose hair and undercoat. It really helps to reduce the shedding all around.

    ReplyDelete