Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Big Baby Fear - No More

I had a growth scan and BPP today and everything looks good! My baby is no longer a "big" baby and is back to the average size and weight for its age. Looks like last month we caught him/her after a growth spurt. Today they estimate the weight to be 4 lbs 10 oz. Baby's eye were opening and closing and so was it's mouth. The little feet were pulled all the way up by it's head, which explains the breathtaking kicks to my right hip recently.

We also saw some hair on baby's head. Well, she pointed it out last month, and I said that I saw it...but honestly, I just saw some fuzziness around the head. This time I actually saw what she was pointing to. I am excited to see if this baby really has hair when they are born!

No pictures though. I keep getting the machine that doesn't print pictures. However, I do keep getting the ultrasound tech that is very friendly, so it is worth the trade to me.

We took our hospital tour last Wednesday, and I was honestly surprised at how nice the birthing suites at MTMC were.

I have a feeling the next 8 weeks are going to be slow, so I am trying to figure out things to fill up my weekends and keep me entertained. Nothing big. Almost stupid - for instance, in two Saturday's I have a hair appointment. I just need something on my calendar. The RC Cola and Moon Pie Festival is in June, so that is something else to look forward to. And then I draw a blank...I hope Andrew is up for some outdoor home improvement, b/c that is what I am leaning towards taking up some time.

3 comments:

  1. I too was surprised at the birthing suites at MTMC - they were great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey leah! i'm so happy for you! would you still like some maternity photos taken? i would love to take some for you if you're interested!

    emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I will get your e-mail address from Cassie this week. Loved teh photos of Mady...

    ReplyDelete