Monday, April 4, 2011

Pico de Gallo Salsa

I was recently told about a great recipe website: skinnytaste.com. She includes the Weight Watchers Points which makes it a great resource for me!

There are a ton of great recipes and we tried this pico one last night to go with our fajitas.

4 medium ripe tomatoes, chopped
1/4 cup finely chopped white onion
2 Chile peppers, mild or hot, seeded and finely chopped
2 Tbsp chopped bell pepper
1 close garlic, minced
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves (no stems)
2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
salt and pepper, to taste

In a bowl combine all ingredients. Let it marinate int eh refrigerator at least an hour for best results.

We actually like a finer texture, so I pulsed this in the food processor until I got the texture I like.

This makes 4 servings and is 0 Points per serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment