Friday, April 15, 2011

We have Easter Bunnies!

We have had bunnies running around our yard for a long time. Even with the fence gate closed, we noticed that they use the little hole at the bottom of the front of the fence where a board is broken to get in and out. We have seen 4 big rabbits.

Last night we let Molly out back and she chased them out. Then Andrew noticed she was playing with something. There is a little burrow of baby bunnies in our back yard! We were afraid that Molly hurt the rabbit, but Andrew said it looked fine. Just stunned. And it was right by its burrow. He also said it was as small as the palm of his hand.

For now, we are keeping Molly out for the backyard and will avoid cutting the grass right there for a while. I have been using Google but can't find the answer to my question: how long with they stay in the burrow? And how long should I keep Molly inside? And will they keep having babies over and over again or move to a new home?

Will I have to eventually call animal control to take them somewhere else? I don't know what to do.

Also, if you watch NPT (which I know all of you do, right?) keep your eye out for Colin! He went to Cheekwood with his Papa and Granny last Saturday to see the brand new train exhibit. NPT was there filming and my Grandma called me last night to tell me she was Colin on TV! It seems to run after Tennessee Crossroads so I am going to keep my eye out for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment