Monday, June 10, 2013

No Bake Cookies

I'm willing to bet everyone has this recipe in their kitchen somewhere. But just in case, here it is. I used a small cookies scoop to dish these out onto the cookie sheet. I can eat a ton of these, and even if they are big it doesn't stop me. Peanut butter and chocolate is one of my favorite combinations. So keeping them small is good for me.

1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
4 Tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla
1 heaping cup creamy peanut butter
3 cups oatmeal (not instant)

Melt butter, sugar, milk, and cocoa over stove top in pot over med/high heat stirring constantly. When it comes to a boil, let it boil for 1 minute without stirring.

Remove from heat and add vanilla, peanut butter and oats and mix together.

Spoon onto wax paper and let sit about 30 minutes or until firm (I usually set in fridge).

No comments:

Post a Comment