Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Tummy Tuesday

How Far Along: 17 Weeks 2 Days

How Big is Baby: about 5 inches, the size of an onion

How Momma Feels: Still really tired...and unable to sleep at the same time. It is making for a very exhausting day. And still hungry a lot.

Baby Bump: It's here. It isn't pretty and round yet, but I have a belly. Some days it looks/feels bigger than others. I think it depends on the time of day, what I've eaten, and what I'm wearing. I still feel more chubby than pregnant, but I am starting to think that until my belly sticks our further than my boobs, I will feel this way. =/


What I'm Eating: Whatever sounds good! I don't really have a consistent craving. You know, something I've wanted all the time during this pregnancy. I go through cycles. Like right now I can't get enough of clementines and Cobb salad. Oh, and lemonade. My dad got me this restaurant grade citrus juicer for my birthday. The kind that are tall and metal and you pull the handle down to juice the fruit. We can make the best homemade lemonade and I could drink that all day.

Exercise: Last week I got in 4 days of cardio (walking - one day at the zoo!) and 2 days of weights (body pump and free weights at home). I didn't think I did much last week, but looking back in my journal I realized I kept up with my routine. I did skip my weekly weigh in on Sunday morning. Last week was my b-day, and we celebrated multiple times. I enjoyed my desserts. So I didn't want to see that number until I was back on track with a healthy diet. =)

With me being so tired lately I've wanted to skip exercising. But I keep seeing those arthritis ads where they say "A body at rest tends to stay at rest. A body in motion tends to stay in motion." I know they are referring to joints and arthritis. But I tell myself this when I feel too lazy to do anything. Because I know if I stop for a long period of time, I won't pick it back up.

Maternity Clothes: Yep. All of them. =)

Movement: Everyday. It seems to be that I will get quite a bit of movement one day and then just a subtle swish or flutter the next. Nothing consistent yet.

Boy or Girl? I had a dream last night that it was a boy. It felt so real. So now I'm thinking boy. In the same dream I only labored for 1 hour and baby came out with only one push. So, you know.

Less than 3 weeks and we get to see how baby is developing and if we are lucky, we will be able to tell if its a boy or girl that day also!

No comments:

Post a Comment