Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Lunch got boring

My lunches got really boring. I am trying not to eat out at lunch time. I try to keep it to every other week or only once a week if it is really hectic. But I needed something new and interesting.

My new favorite lunch pick?
  • 2 slices of whole wheat bread
  • 1 slice of Swiss
  • Thinly sliced turkey breast (Boar's Head Mesquite Smoked is my favorite but today it is Ovengold)
  • A few thinly sliced purple onion rings
  • A bit of shredded lettuce
  • And some peach jelly (Don't over do it. It only takes a little to get the taste you want without the sliminess)
At the office I eat it cold but at home I throw it on the George Forman grill and get it all melty and hot. The sweetness of the peach jelly and the smokiness of the turkey go great together.

I like to add to it some pita chips and strawberries if we have them.

I plan on introducing this combo to Colin soon - minus the onion and lettuce. Grilled cheese can get boring too!

No comments:

Post a Comment