Monday, July 26, 2010

I use my time wisely

It is safe to say I accomplished everything listed in the previous post. With the exception of repainting the trim. That it is a project that will take an entire day.

Friday during nap time I pressure wash the back patio and the front drive. They look so much better. I wish I had done it sooner!

Then on Saturday I went the the Chiropractor with the boys and after the appt they headed to Hendersonville and I started my day alone. I first went to the GAP where I found my favorite fitting jeans on sale. Not only did they have 30% off everything in the store but they were already marked down to $35. $60 jeans for $24.50? Yes please! I managed to shop and save money. I also ended up buying another shirt...since it was 30% off and all...

Then I visited New York & Co where I found two more shirts and a head band. Then I picked up a new shirt for Andrew and decided I was done. I managed to buy nothing for Colin. I was proud of myself. It is way easier to shop for him when he is with me than shop for myself when he is with me. I shopping trip for fall clothing for him will soon follow.

I can home and re-heated some pizza for lunch then headed out for a car wash and to grocery shop. Once I got back I pulled out all of Colin old clothes and used compression bags to get all of his newborn to 12 mth sized clothes into one Rubbermaid tub. Then I went through my closet and stored anything that didn't fit me anymore.

Then Sunday I made a new cookie recipe (looking for a new one for the cookie exchange) and even got to take a 2 hour nap. Aside from the heat, I had a very good weekend.

Oh! AND - I am pretty sure Colin said "duck!" We downloaded an app on the iPad called Peek-a-boo Barn. It involves animals knocking on the barn and them making noise and a little kids saying the animal's name. I could have sworn he said "duck." Andrew said he heard him say it once the next day but we haven't heard it since...so maybe a fluke.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE that you are already trying recipes for the cookie exchange!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so you know, I try very hard not to duplicate previous recipes...I flip through all the old recipe books to double check it hasn't been done. I take this very seriously. =) I like baking cookies. So you better always have a cookie exchange. It is now one of my favorite things to do around Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJuly 26, 2010

    I ditto ML. Awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete