Thursday, August 18, 2011

Tin Roof Bars

I found this recipe over at Confessions of a Cookbook Queen. This blog is filled with goodies and I check it every.single.day. This is the first recipe I have tried to make and will be trying many more soon!

For the brownie layer:
1 box dark chocolate fudge cake mix
1/3 cup evaporated milk
1 stick of butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350. Line an 8x8 or 7x11 pan with foil and spray with cooking spray

In a large bowl, mix ingredients together until fully combined. Pat evenly into prepared pan and bake for about 20 minutes, until it puffs up and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.

Place on a rack until completely cool.

For vanilla layer:
1 stick butter, softened
2 cups powdered sugar
2 Tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup mini marshmallows
1 cup chocolate covered peanuts, coarsely chopped

In the bowl of a mixer, beat butter, milk, and vanilla on medium-low speed until smooth. Slowly add powdered sugar until just barely mixed in. Increase speed to high and beat for about a minute, until light and fluffy. Spread over cooled brownies and top with chocolate covered peanuts and marshmallows, pressing in gently. Place in the refrigerator while you prepare the chocolate.

For the chocolate:
4 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
2 Tbsp milk
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla

Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add cocoa powder and milk and stir until just boiling and thick. Remove from heat and stir in powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth. Remove brownies from refrigerator and pout chocolate frosting over the top.

I didn't take any pictures but jump over to see her original recipe and drool over that photo. =)

**I need to mention that my brownie layer took a bit longer to cook. I blame it on my crappy oven. I think I should move a new oven from the "want" list to the "need" list.

No comments:

Post a Comment