Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Whole-Wheat Banana Bread

After reading Becky's post about clean eating, I decided it was time to get serious about cleaning up our eating too. We do OK but can do better. We are trying to eat more organic and natural produce and products and I am trying to make most things myself when possible. The only down side is that I love to bake. I love to bake treats. So we are still going to have our occasional sweet fix, but much less often.

I found this blog Friday and have been reading it whenever I have a free moment. The first recipe I made from here is banana bread. After I baked it I let it cool and then sliced it and put it between pieces of wax paper and then a freezer bag so I could pop a piece into the toaster for a quick breakfast.

2 1/4 cups whole-wheat flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup honey
2 eggs
1/3 cup oil
1 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 and grease pan.

Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.

In a separate bowl mix mashed bananas with yogurt, honey, eggs, oil, and vanilla.

Fold the banana mixture into the flour mixture until blended. Do not over mix.

Pour batter into prepared pan.

Bake large loaf for 40-50 minutes or until it comes out clean with a toothpick.

No comments:

Post a Comment