Friday, September 26, 2008

Would you eat breast milk ice cream?

Cassie came over to watch the season premiere of Grey's last night and I wanted to make sure we had something good for the mom-to-be to eat. As she pointed out, I am always worried that I won't have anything that she would like to eat on hand, so I try and plan ahead. What can I say, I want to take good care of my friend, and technically, I am making sure that two people don't go hungry. So I stocked up on Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream and got Cassie her most requested for flavor: Phish Food.

Yes, I said stocked up. Normally, I would only buy one or two little cartons - one for me and one for Andrew. But they were BOGO free at Publix and that is like Ben & Jerry's giving away free ice cream! So when I called down the aisle and asked if I could "stock up" on it, Andrew should not have surprised when he looked in my basket and saw 8 cartons of Ben & Jerry's. But you see, I notice trends with the sales at Publix and I take advantage of them when possible. (At any given point I could have 4 boxes of Cheez-Its or 6 different types of pastas on hand. Like I said, I take advantage of the sales trends.)

This morning I just online to read the news before actually starting my day of number crunching, and I find this headline on the MSN front page:
Can we say "yuck"? Do I need to run back and purchase more before breast milk ice cream becomes the standard?
Side note: I just went to heat up my breakfast and I dropped it on the floor. Bummer. The guys at the office follow the "five second rule" but I can't handle the thought of eating food off the floor. So in the garbage it went. I am now starving and thinking about Ben & Jerry's - a dangerous combination.
Also, check this out. You can create your own ice cream flavor. There are some odd possible combinations out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment