Thursday, October 1, 2009

Celebrate with Starbucks

That is what I am doing this morning. Usually my run to Starbucks for some caffeine is because I didn't get a good night of sleep. Today it is because I am celebrating. I know that this new development may not stick around and may just be a fluke, but I celebrate anyway. Last night Colin slept 10 1/2 hours straight. 8pm-6:30am. How glorious. He did this on Monday night also but on Tuesday night he woke for a middle of the night bottle again. I am hoping he is adjusting and getting used to sleeping without waking to eat. The funny thing is, he only has done this on the nights that daddy is supposed to get up to feed him...not on my nights. I figure he just wants to spend more time with me...and daddy has a funny way of holding him when he feeds him that looks uncomfortable to me. It must be if he is willing to skip that bottle!

He has been rolling over like crazy the past few days - always going toward his left side. He is never happy when I place him on his belly, but when I put him on his back to play, the first thing he does is turn himself over onto his belly and he is very happy once he gets there.







This constant need to roll over is becoming clear when he sleeps also. We swaddle him in a miracle blanket (awesome by the way) and this morning we found him in his crib completely on the outside of the sleep positioner, arms our of the swaddle, rolled onto his left side trying to get on his belly. I think for safety reasons we need to start unswaddling him. He sleeps so good that way but I don't want him to roll over and be stuck because his arms are by his side.

Oh, and don't waste money on a Woombie - google it is you don't know what it is. I bought one and tried it last night and he would not go down for bed with it. Waste of money. It is free to anyone that wants to try it though. I am sure it works for some people!

My last thing: watch Bones tonight! A friend I grew up with is on tonight's episode! Drew James

This is us when we were about 4 years old. He is in the middle and I am up in the tree. That is also the only time I probably ever climbed a tree. I didn't know I ever did it. I actually wonder if someone placed me there for the picture.


Here he is today.


He plays the Amish boy in this episode. To see a clip from tonight's episode, click here.

4 comments:

  1. THAT IS AWESOME ABOUT COLIN!!! 10 1/2 HRS!! Love that first pic with his long eyelashes.

    And OMG...Love the Autumn mailing! Cutest pumpkin ever! :)

    PS Nate has "fall break" next week so let's get together on Wed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay big boy!!!! That is SO exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SOOOOOOOO excited about him sleeping!!!!! YIPEE for both of you!!!!!!! :) Dont you feel like a happier Mom with all that rest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, so I paid for that good night of sleep. Last night was rough...but I figure it takes a while for him to get used to it, right? It was a nice break though! I felt human again!

    I am on for Wednesday, Emily!

    ReplyDelete