Thursday, March 25, 2010

Is Spring Finally Here?

I am so glad that the nice weather finally landed on a day that I had off! We started the morning out pretty normal. I worked out first and then we played for a while when we got home. Colin took his morning nap and I took a shower and picked up the house until he got up.

Then we headed outside! I planted Colin down on a blanket in the grass with some toys (and then added a hat to protect his ears from the sun) and he enjoyed it until he rolled backwards and saw the grass. I can't figure out what it is but he is scared of the grass. Screams if he touches it or if you act like you are going to sit him in it. So we stayed on the blanket.

He did not take his afternoon nap. He hung out in his crib and just "talked" and finally started yelling. I gave him 1/2 hour and it just wasn't going to happen. So we went back outside and we tried the hammock. He was frightened of it, but I would love for him to enjoy it because I have a maternity photo of Andrew and me in the hammock in our living room. I want want of all three of us on the hammock to go across from it. I was also hoping he would take a little nap out there with me. I easily could have...

Before dinner we went for a walk through our neighborhood then came home and played some more while Andrew cooked dinner.
It was such a nice day, but we are beginning to figure out that Colin may suffer from seasonal allergies just like both of us. When ever we spend the day out doors he ends up with a runny nose, sneezing, watery looking/puffy eyes, and then a little cough. He acts normal except that! We got the OK to give him a little Benadryl and that dries it right up.

No comments:

Post a Comment