Monday, March 29, 2010

A boy and his push toy

Oh, how Colin does enjoy his push toy. If he sees it out he climbs right up to it and off he goes. He is even starting to get it to turn a little so he doesn't run into the wall and couch every time.

He gets so excited and has a huge grin on his face when he is behind this toy.

It is starting to give him quite a bit of confidence. He is cruising around the furniture so much more and going from one object to the next. His balance is getting so much better also. He will grab and object off of the shelf or my hands and as long as he is holding something (like his cell phone toy or plastic ring) he can stand for a bit on his own. 

Combine the increase balance with the confidence and you have what I started to notice this weekend: him letting go of one thing to try and make it to another hands free. He tried to go from my leg to the jumperoo yesterday. He actually did a little shuffle with both feet before falling.

I don't think will be walking next week...or even next month. But boy am I nervous. He is hard enough to keep up with when he is crawling. I am thinking of getting one of those baby gates that makes an entire circle. Kind of like a cage. He doesn't sit still. He doesn't know how. And all I want to do is unload the dishwasher! =)

4 comments:

  1. I totally understand!! We are at the same stage right now except for the fact that Dawson is TOO daring. He lets go all the time and hasnt figure out how to move his feet so he in turn falls ALL THE TIME. He even got a fat lip yesterday! I think I am more tired now than I was during the newborn stage!! EEK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grant loved that toy too! YAY Colin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Dawson! I do not look forward to all the bumps and bruises that come with learnign to walk.

    And I really do think this is his favorite toy, Hallie. However, he does like to pull up onto the side of Grant's Jumperoo, bend his knees, and just swing/bounce. So I guess it might be useful for a few more weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh he's so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete