Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Tummy Tuesday

How Far Along: 22 Weeks, 2 Days

How Big is Charlie: He is around 11 inches long and the size of a papaya

How Momma Feels: I've started getting braxton hicks contractions this week. I forgot how hard your belly gets when those happen. I tried jogging while on the treadmill once this week, and that really caused those braxton hicks...so won't be doing that again! Also get car sick easily. It was hard driving around Birmingham this past weekend looking at houses, because I felt so sick. I went from excited to done in a pretty short time.

Baby Bump: It's becoming noticeable to strangers. The moving guy came to get an idea of what we had to be packed. He asked how many kids I had and I said "one boy and I'm pregnant with our second." He said, "I thought so, but I didn't want to assume. You never know..."


What I'm Eating: We got to eat out a lot last weekend since we were house hunting. We ended up at Whole Foods at least once a day, and each time I got one of those big container of pre-cut fruit (the ones that weigh at least a 1/2 pound). I'd eat entire thing, except for the blackberries, which I don't care for. Andrew ate those. But I devoured the strawberries, kiwi, mango, blueberries, and raspberries.

Exercise: I did a whole spin class one day, and 1/2 of one the other (not really liking the instructor). On the day I skipped out on half of spin I did light free weights. I also got in 5.5 miles on a stationary bike one day and did Body Pump one evening. Not my usual schedule but it worked for me.

Movement: Charlie moved so much while I was driving to and from Birmingham. It made it hard for me to go long without stopping to use the bathroom. He would be pretty quite all day, but bounce around a lot while I was just stuck in the car. =/

Preparing for Charlie: At this stage in the game I already had Colin's room painted, furniture ordered, and started buying some baby items. I can't do much in terms of a room for him yet since we have no clue where we will be. I did look in the attic for some of Colin's newborn and 0-3 baby clothing. I couldn't find any. Andrew and I then remembered that I gave it all away when Colin was a baby because I was convinced I wasn't doing this again. Ha! I know I have a small box somewhere, but will have to re-purchase all those tiny little essentials.

I have already picked him up some footed sleepers and long sleeved onesies. I'll probably wait until closer to fall to buy anymore since he will be born during the colder weather. Not much to choose from right now!

I did get in with an OB in Birmingham and I have an appointment for the Wednesday after we move there. They seemed very nice on the phone and I read good reviews about the Dr online. And the hospital I will deliver at is easy to get to.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for finding an OB!!!! PS Liking that skirt :)

    ReplyDelete