Thursday, December 17, 2009

Changes in what!?

I have some weird pain and swelling in one of my fingers and so I called the doctor to see what to do. I have been taking prednisone for about 3 months now to help with a flare of my Lupus that happened after I gave birth.

Today he called in a different steroid and I was looking up side effects. I know that usually "rapid weight gain" is a side effect of steroids (not sure why) but then I read this online about the new steroid and I busted out laughing:
  • changes in the shape or location of body fat (especially in your arms, legs, face, neck, breasts, and waist)
I can understand maybe gaining fat in a different location, but CHANGING SHAPE!? What the heck does that mean? I fear waking up one morning with the random buldge of fat out of my neck that makes me look like The Hunchback of Notre Dame.

1 comment: