Monday, January 10, 2011

Fried Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich

So, I didn't get my burger tonight because I didn't want to go out in the icy cold weather. Paula Dean was making these (I had the Food Network on ALL DAY) when my mom stopped by around lunch and I was thinking about them ever since. I thought they tasted like a breakfast food and I might prepare them in the mornings occasionally.

1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
3 tablespoons honey
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 to 3 ripe bananas
8 slices white bread

Topping:
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon

In a frying pan, melt 3 tablespoons of the butter. Make sure butter does not burn. In a small bowl mix together the peanut butter, honey, and cinnamon. Slice the bananas into 1/4-inch thick slices. Spread the peanut butter mixture on 4 slices of bread and cover with banana slices. Top with the remaining 4 slices of bread. Spread the remaining butter on both sides of the sandwiches. Grill the sandwiches in the frying pan until each side is golden brown.

For topping, combine the sugar and cinnamon in shallow plate. Coat the grilled sandwiches with the mixture. Cut diagonally and serve hot.

*I just realized I didn't use honey. I went by my memory since I was only making two sandwiches instead of four. And I only had smooth peanut butter, but the crunchy looked really good on TV. And I used a little spreadable butter on the bread and sprayed the non-stick pan with butter cooking spray. I am sure they are great prepared any way you do it!.*

No comments:

Post a Comment