Monday, January 3, 2011

Mashed Potato Casserole

My mom made this for Christmas dinner and it was amazing. I don't have plans to make it anytime soon, but I have to share this recipe with you guys.

Peel (I left a little peel on for texture) and cut 5 lbs red potatoes. Cook in boiling water till tender.

Mash and blend in:
1 bar cream cheese
1 cup sour cream
2 T. butter
1/4 cup + or - milk to right consistency
1 tsp. garlic salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper

Pour into greased 9x13 dish. Dot with butter, about 2-3 T more. Sprinkle with paprika. Cover and put in fridge for up to three days.

When ready to bake:

350 degrees for 40 minutes or until heated through, uncovered.

Add 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar to the top and bake 5 minutes more.

**I think I will add less cheese on top when I make it. The original recipe also called for 1 Tbsp of garlic salt but mom felt like it might have been too much, so you can probably increase that from the 1 tsp she used if you would like.**
 
My mouth is watering...I may have to add this to our menu soon after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment