Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Good Days

I love having good days. You know, where it starts with you getting up and feeling good and having a super yummy breakfast, then taking a 1/2 day off at work and meeting your husband to pick up a few Christmas gifts, and then running one more place to hear a baby's heartbeat.

Wait, what?? Baby's heartbeat?

That's right! And not just any baby - OUR baby! I'm pregnant!

I am so excited to finally feel ready to share the news! Today was our second appointment, and not that seeing a little blob on the screen 4 weeks ago didn't make it feel real, but actually hearing the fast little heartbeat today was unbelievable!

Baby Coleman is due on July 7th and we are also waiting until then to find out if it is a boy or a girl. (You are probably thinking "Don't you want to decorate the nursery!?" Don't worry, I have that covered...I currently have two ideas that I am playing with and love them both. I do love to plan, but I can totally plan around this gender surprise and still be 100% happy with the outcome.)

Along with that information, I feel I should share that I ate meat...and oh, was it good. I haven't kept that from you for too long. It only happened for the first time last week. =) This baby wants some protein! I had a good 4 month run. I have yet to actually prepare any meat though.

I am off to eat what feels like my 8th mini meal of the day and then to read some of my book before crashing early like I have the past few weeks.

6 comments:

  1. YAY!!!! I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yippppe for you!
    I'm so happy for you. Looks like our little book worked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow! That is awesome Leah!! Congrats!

    PS I pissed you are not finding out the sex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Em has no right to be pissed, Ms. I'm not telling you the name....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mom wrote my mom (Alison Root) telling her that you are expecting!!! How exciting!! I am one baby ahead of you because I am expecting my 2nd baby in May. My children are going to be 21 months apart kind of how close you and Megan are!! We are finding out the sex today!! Although it will be just as fun to wait and find out on B-day!!

    ReplyDelete