Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Seriously??

I have to whine and moan for a minute...so, our trip to Washington has been cancelled b/c the training didn't come together. No big deal, easy to cancel...so I thought. Why the heck do they charge you $150 to cancel a flight on Orbitz for!? Oh, but that is just the Airline fee...then Orbitz charges you $30 more...b/c it is so difficult for that computer to understand you cancelled. Waste of money. At least Southwest gives you the entire ticket price back in a voucher when you cancel. It is now costing me more to cancel the darn thing than I will have in credit once I am through.

I love Southwest. Unfortunately, Andrew's office requires them purchase their tickets through Orbitz (why? maybe they enjoy getting screwed when they have to cancel??) So I am refusing to go on any future trips with him. Unless they let me fly Southwest, forget it. I don't like throwing money away.

He feels bad now b/c I am furious and I can feel my blood pressure rising. It isn't his fault...he didn't plan on this...he was positive and thought, "I can use it for my ski trip in the spring." Sorry buddy, you can't transfer tickets...so you better take me with you (actually, I am a horrible skier and I would be there more for entertainment as I rolled down the bunny slopes.)

I am really just angry b/c I don't understand what the heck an Airline fee pays for. Explain to me what cost goes into me cancelling my flight, and I will quit whining. I understand the ticket is non-refundable so I expect a voucher/flight credit. I just hate paying for nothing. I could use that $180 for something that actually exists...like the Dyson Vacuum I want...I will be ticked about this for a while.

1 comment: