Friday, April 23, 2010

5 of 10

Yesterday I started tray number 5 of 10 for my top teeth. That means I am HALF WAY DONE with the top Invisalign treatment!!! When I compare my 1st aligner to my current one it is hard for me to see much of a difference. They are clear so you practically see through them. So I decided to take a picture of my teeth and then go search for one of my teeth previously.

The following photos are VERY close up photos of my teeth/mouth. Just in case those kind of photos gross you out.

June 2008

April 2010

For the record, it is very hard to find photos of my teeth with a big smile from straight on. At least old photos. I didn't like to smile big. So that is why I had to go all they way back to 2008. And I really don't remember my teeth being that shade of NOT white. Gross...

After comparing this two picture I can totally tell a difference! I have been able to feel with my tongue that they were starting to even up along the bottom but that is all I could really tell. But from the pictures I am actually excited to see the my arch is widening and my teeth don't point inward as much. My mouth looks so much less narrow.

I am already happy with the current results - I can't wait to see how they look 5 trays into the future and without the attached buttons! (The buttons are the little bumps you see on some of my teeth.)

There isn't much to see on the bottom - I am on tray 5 of 27 so I have quite a ways to go.

As much as I wish I had conventional braces as a teenager I am happy with how this is going to far. Dr. Togrye told me that my results wouldn't be as perfect as if I choose metal braces but this is working for me! I have really sore teeth anywhere from 1 to 3 days after each new tray and sometimes come with headaches. Cleaning them has been easy and it really isn't that much of an inconvenience.

No comments:

Post a Comment