Wednesday, March 23, 2011

California Chicken Burger

This is a recipe I got from a weekly recipe exchange. I have never met Linsey but she forwarded on a great recipe and I am pretty sure this will be on our menu a lot from now on.

1 sesame seed hamburger bun 
2-4 teaspoons mayonnaise

4 slice dill pickle "sandwich chips"
1 chicken breast fillet
2 slices Monterey Jack cheese

2 slices hickory maple-smoked bacon
2 tomato slices
1/4 cup guacamole

1/3 cup shredded lettuce

Grill chicken for 4 to 6 minutes per side. Add 2 slices of Monterey Jack cheese on top of the fillet to melt during the last 1 minute of grilling. Toast the face of the top and bottom sesame seed bun on an indoor griddle or skillet over medium heat.

Build the sandwich:

Spread approximately 1-2 teaspoons of the mayonnaise on each of the toasted faces of the top and bottom bun.

Add dill pickle chips evenly on toasted bottom half of sesame seed bun.

Stack the chicken breast on the bottom bun.

Arrange the tomato slices on the chicken.

Arrange 2 slices cooked bacon in an "X" pattern on top of chicken.

Add guacomole on top of the tomato slices.

Add about 1/3 cup of shredded lettuce on next, top with the top bun.



*We skipped the mayo and before I grilled the chicken I pounded them flat and sprinkled them with a a little salt, pepper, and garlic powder.*

2 comments:

  1. This sounds amazing, I think we'll try these next week!

    (Sarah) from playgroup

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad the menu swap group helped you!! I'm sad Lindsey hasn't been able to participate the last couple of months. I hope she rejoins our group soon as I think she has a lot of good ideas to share with us.

    ReplyDelete