Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Stuck at Home

Colin was sick this weekend and we have been inside the house since Saturday. He is OK to be out and about around other people today, but it has been a very very long 4 days. We are looking forward to going to Jumper's Playhouse on Friday and getting in some exercise!

So how I have I kept myself entertained while stuck in the house these past few days? Why I started planning a birthday party that is 4 MONTHS AWAY of course. Yes, I have some Groupons I bought for the sole purpose of using for his birthday party and I got to designing a invitation and deciding that I am going to make his birthday cupcakes myself. I was a little nervous about this, but my friend told me there was a Groupon for a cake decorating class that covered two people so we split it! I am excited to get to go to that and maybe have a better idea of how to decorate these cupcakes the way I want. I might even have a "practice round" that will require some volunteers to eat them when I am done. Let me know if anyone is up for that job. ;-P

Now that we are on the road to good health (he slept through the night in his own bed last night!!) we are ready for some nice weather so we can meet friends at the park and play in the back yard after dinner. What else am I looking forward to? The Farmer's Market, taking Colin strawberry picking for the first time, the sun staying out longer in the evening allowing us more play time outside, and maybe a little energy to do some simple landscaping front of our fence soon.

...And maybe a few extra trips to Sweet Cece's after dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment