Monday, February 1, 2010

Bahamas!

We are home! We had a wonderful vacation but are happy to back in our own be beds.

We flew out last Sunday and Colin did spectacular as always. We made it to Miami around lunch time and I then decided Miami is not the place for me. We stayed in Ft. Lauderdale last time and Miami this time. I am going back to Ft. Lauderdale before we cruise again. It was much nicer and friendlier.

We got up Monday morning and had breakfast at the hotel and then went to return our rental car and catch the shuttle to the Port of Miami. We arrived on The Majesty of the Seas around noon and had a quick lunch before finding out cabin. This cabin was larger than the last time we went on the Majesty b/c we knew we needed extra room for Colin's pack-n-play. It was a much better layout than the previous room and I would get it again even if we went without Colin.

We tried to make it to the dinning room that night but with an 8:30 dinner seating Colin just didn't make it. He was pooped and crashed about an hour before that. So we took the opportunity to run to the Windjammer when he woke up for a bit.

This cruise was MUCH different than precious ones. Having a baby makes it a little more challenging - but completely do-able! I turned in earlier than I normally would and was up earlier but I didn't mind it. I spent a little more time in the cabin during the day when Colin napped but sometimes my Mom would hang out in there while he slept so I could go gamble or do trivia or other things on the ship.

Our first stop was Nassau. I had every intention of getting off the boat but we decided not messing with finding a cab and just stayed on the ship all day. We were lazy and participated in some group things around the ship but didn't do much at all. It was nice. That night was formal night and we got dressed up and headed to the dinning room. Colin passed out right before dinner and slept on Mamaw for most of dinner. He did wake before it was over and was such a good boy in his highchair! Our waiter and assistant waiter loved him and we even had staff coming from other tables to "talk" to him. He was a ham and laughed and make funny faces the entire time.

Wednesday we got off the ship and tendered into CocoCay, Bahamas. Colin's first time at the beach! He felt (and tasted) the sand but pretty much spent the day just looking around. There was plenty to see between the people walking around, the birds, and the straw market.

Thursday we docked in Key West, FL. I plan to retire there. It is so nice. We walked to "The Little White House" where President Truman stayed a lot during his Presidency. We were all set to take the tour and then they told me I couldn't bring in the stroller...and Colin had fallen asleep. So I stayed outside while everyone else did the ONE HOUR tour. Colin woke up 15 minutes later so I got brave and walked around Key West by myself - a big deal for me. I don't usually just go out by myself places I am not familiar with. We just people watched most of the time and visited the Little White House gift shop. I found Colin a new book: Good Night America. I bought him Good Night Tennessee and then realized they wrote them for many different places. I am trying to collect one for each place he goes (if it exists). He also has Good Night San Diego. They wrote Good Night Key West but I haven't found it yet. Off to Amazon!

That afternoon we ate at Louies Backyard and headed for the Southern Most Point of the US.

On the way back we had a not so pleasant flight as Colin was the screaming baby in the back but that was the first time he has done bad. 3 out of 4 isn't bad! We made it home Friday just in time for the snow. We landed at 12:15 to a city dusted in white. It was quite a change from the warm weather we came from but fun to watch!

Enjoy some pictures from our trip!



2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great trip! Love the book idea! Colin will have a library of them before he starts school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHH.. looks like so much fun! Im so jealous!! Well not the travelling with a baby part but the vacation and warm weather I am! :)
    Colin looked super cute! Cant wait to keep him!

    ReplyDelete