Friday, February 26, 2010

Oh.My.Gosh.

Let's talk Facebook for a minute. I about died of laughter last week when I got a friend request from Andrew's 85 year old Grandmother. Yes, I accepted, but what the heck? Grandma's are now on Facebook??

I remember giving my parents a hard time when they signed up (and yes, they are my friends now). I said "when this was started it was all college aged kids and now you have every parents, aunt, and uncle on there." They pointed out that I was no longer in college and had a facebook. My argument is that I was Grandfathered in as I set mine up 6 years ago when I was in my sophomore year at MTSU.

What do I really not get? The draw of old folks to Farmville and Farkle. My Dad plays with his Farmville at the office. Yeah, he is the boss and he delegates all the jobs to us peons, but I die when I hear him down the hall talking to the other boss man about planting grapes...

Today I got an invitation to a cause. What was the cause? Add a Church to Farmville.

I do not play these games on Facebook. I leave messages/wall posts and post pictures and videos. That is it. I don't want to play these games.

Another thing is I have relatives that request my friendship and I don't answer. I don't ever talk to them and we have NOTHING in common. However I will go check there pages every so often to see what is going on. I swear, they must be on Facebook all day b/c everything on there wall has to do with a high score...or fish in their tank...or building a fence...you get the idea.

I don't get it. I don't notice this being anything my (few) blog readers do and so I think you probably think the same thing as me: who has the time to play all these games!?

No comments:

Post a Comment